Junior Achievement presents:
Microsoft Unlimited Potential Technology Curriculum
Through a partnership with Microsoft Corporation, Junior Achievement is pleased to present the Microsoft Unlimited Potential (UP) technology curriculum. The UP curriculum was developed by Microsoft to provide young people from around the world with learning opportunities designed to make them more technologically competitive in today's global society. The curriculum aims to help young people gain critical 21st century work readiness skills needed for today’s "knowledge economy."
About the Microsoft Unlimited Potential Curriculum
The UP curriculum:
Is provided without cost to any JA student, teacher, volunteer, or staff member in the world.
- Is self-taught and self-paced, providing the user with the opportunity to complete any or all of the eight curriculum modules at their own pace. Each UP course begins with basic concepts and builds quickly to more advanced skills and techniques. Practical hands-on tutorials enable the user to build their skills one step at a time. By studying with a task-based approach, users learn more than just the features of the software. The user learns how to accomplish real-world tasks so that they can immediately increase their productivity using technology.
- Provides fundamental level
instruction on eight technology related topics. While users
require no prior technology experience to successfully complete
the eight curriculum modules, they are already computer
literate also benefit from the curriculum by expanding their
existing skills. The eight downloadable curriculum modules
- Computer Fundamentals - This course provides a solid foundation in basic computer concepts and the essentials of hardware, software, operating systems, the Internet and more.
- Digital Media - This course teaches how to get started with digital media, including digital photography, digital audio, and digital video.
- Internet and the World Wide Web - This course teaches how to explore the Web, use search engines, work with email, and create Web pages.
- Web Design - This course teaches the complete process of Web page design, from the basics of HTML to strategies for designing and building a complete web site.
- Word Processing - This course focuses on how to use a word processor to write and revise a variety of personal and business documents, from simple letters and memos to complex documents containing graphs and tables.
- Presentation - This course teaches everything you need to know about putting together persuasive electronic presentations, from creating basic slide shows to adding graphics, video, and audio for rich multimedia presentations.
- Database - This course introduces the basics of using a relational database to create tables, forms, and reports.
- Spreadsheet - This course teaches the basics of spreadsheet concepts including creating worksheets, editing data, building charts and graphs, and publishing a spreadsheet to the Web.
- Is offered in 21 languages:
- Chinese – Traditional and Simplified
- Indonesian Bahasa
- Malaysian Bahasa
- Portuguese – Brazilian and Iberian